Tabernacle of Grace Ministry BBQ
- Arrival Time:
- Morning Volunteers: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: 11:45 a.m.-Noon
- Lunch for Volunteers: On site.
Why are we serving here?
ForColumbia’s mission – to bring Christians together to love and serve our neighbors – puts us in touch with those in Columbia we might not otherwise meet. This year, we are again serving alongside a local church that regularly reaches out to those in its neighborhood. Tabernacle of Grace Ministry will once again feed not only ForColumbia volunteers in the First Ward but also anyone else who wants to join us there!
When we take the time to get to know our neighbors, we send the message that they are valuable.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will be:
- helping to offer a neighborhood BBQ for other volunteers in the area, as well as neighborhood residents, and;
- helping neighbors plant and take home potted herbs and vegetables.
What should I bring?
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- Your site leader would love for you to consider bringing a dessert to share at the BBQ.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear closed-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2023 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a great location to serve as a family with elementary-aged kids who can help!