- Arrival Time: Arrive at Boone County Lumber to receive your first assignment.
- Morning Volunteers: 8:30-8:45 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: Arrive at Boone County Lumber by noon!
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: Boone County Lumber
Why are we asking people to serve in this way?
It takes a lot of people to support this one-day, citywide effort! While the majority of our volunteers are assigned to work at specific locations, we also need a few key teams of “roaming” volunteers on the day of this event – people actively supporting dozens of sites in the city. The Debris Team is one of those roaming teams.
What can I expect?
This group of volunteers will initially meet at Boone County Lumber; they will work in teams, driving their own trucks (and in some cases, pulling trailers) to:
- pick up large trash items from work sites and deliver to one of several large city dumpsters being used exclusively by ForColumbia volunteers;
- potentially pick up large branches and other yard debris, and dump at one of the city’s yard waste disposal sites;
- potentially run any other last-minute errands that require a truck for pick-up/delivery.
What should I bring?
ForColumbia will cover the cost of volunteers’ fuel.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring tools such as chainsaws, tree trimmers, loppers, or other similar tools.
- Volunteers will also need heavy work gloves. And maybe Advil. : )
- We encourage all volunteers to wear closed-toed shoes, preferably work boots.
- If you can, please bring straps, rope, or bungee cords to tie down the brush in your truck.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2023 T-shirt!
Can my children serve with me?
Older elementary kids are welcome to join their parents on this team.