(Formerly Great Circle)
- Arrival Time: 8:30-8:45 a.m.
- While our official start time for sites is 9:00 a.m., this site has a lot to accomplish, so volunteers will be asked to arrive as early as 8:30 a.m., if possible
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On-site.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations that are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. KVC Missouri (formerly Great Circle) provides a wide range of behavioral health services for children and families, here in mid-Missouri and across the state. From prevention and early intervention to foster and crisis care which includes special education and autism services, intensive treatment, and family stabilization, KVC Missouri seeks to restore hope to those in difficult circumstances. Through its residential treatment program in Columbia, this organization cares for over 50 children working to overcome past trauma and serious mental health challenges.
Serving at the residential site where these children live while in foster care sends the message that these kids matter, that they are valuable, and supports what this organization is also trying to do in their lives. This is why we believe your day will be well-spent serving at KVC Missouri.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be working outside on a variety of projects:
- Mulching and planting all over this large property;
- Picking up trash around the campus, particularly outside the fence along the backside of the property;
- Building multiple raised bed gardens;
- Repainting the lines on the parking lot, and;
- Other projects as identified.
What should I bring?
- We could really use as many wheelbarrows as possible. If you have one or more you can bring, let us know.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be prepared for a sunny day by bringing sunscreen and/or a hat, as well as work gloves.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2023 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a great site for families with older elementary children to serve together.