This Site May be Impacted by Rain.
- Arrival Time: 8:45 – 9:00 a.m.
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On-site.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by partnering with our city in ways that puts us in touch with those in Columbia who may be struggling in this season of their lives or who lack the support system needed to thrive. These neighbors may be elderly, single parents, individuals with disabilities or facing financial instability. This year, we are once again serving in housing managed by the Columbia Housing Authority by sending volunteers into public housing areas, including Bear Creek Family Townhomes. When we give our time for the benefit of others, we send the message that they are valuable.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will likely be working both indoors and outside at Bear Creek. Details will be posted once they are finalized.
What should I bring?
- Volunteers should bring work/garden gloves and any small gardening hand tools you have.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2022 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, older children who can assist in this project are welcome to participate.