Rain or Shine!
- Arrival Time:
- Morning Volunteers: 8:45 – 9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: 11:45 a.m. – Noon
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On-site.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by working in locations that benefit the entire community. This year, we are excited to serve once again at various locations within Columbia Public Schools, including Benton Elementary School. Serving at our public schools is one way we can say “thank you” to the teachers and staff who are actively working in the lives of our children every day. This is why we think your day will be well spent serving Benton Elementary School.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will be working indoors and outdoors at Benton:
- Spreading mulch and freshening up the outdoor classroom;
- Painting stencils on a walkway
- Organizing robotics pieces into multiple bins;
- Putting down pavers around two greenhouses, and spreading gravel within that garden area, and;
- Other projects as identified.
What should I bring?
Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2022 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a great location to serve as a family with elementary-aged kids who can help!