- Arrival Time: 8:45-9:00 a.m. at Dexheimer Shelter (parking lot has ample space near shelter)
- See Map for details -> Cosmo Park
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On-site at Dexheimer Shelter
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our city is by giving our time and energy to beautify community areas that are available for everyone to enjoy, such as Cosmopolitan Park. This year we are serving in city parks located throughout Columbia, all of which could use a little additional help. When we give our time to projects like this, we are actively seeking the good of our city in a tangible way.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be working in this park to:
- Spread mulch around playground equipment at the Steinberg playground;
- Paint the interior of three bathroom buildings as well as the exterior of one;
- Play with elementary children from Fun City Youth Academy, and;
- Beautify the area, pick up trash, etc.
What should I bring?
Columbia’s Parks and Recreation will provide all required supplies:
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own work/garden gloves to assist with spreading mulch.
- Please consider bringing your favorite game ball (soccer, basketball, tennis balls and rackets, etc) for playing with the kids.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear closed-toed shoes.
- Be prepared for a sunny day by bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2023 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
This is a great family-friendly site where children can easily serve alongside their parents. However, we ask that children not be allowed to paint.