Rain or Shine!
- Arrival Time: 8:45 – 9:00 a.m.
- Lunch: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On-site.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by partnering with our city in ways that puts us in touch with those in Columbia who may be struggling in this season of their lives or who lack the support system needed to thrive. These neighbors may be elderly, single parents, individuals with disabilities or facing financial instability. This year we are returning to serve in housing managed by the Columbia Housing Authority, including Paquin Tower, a high-rise housing option for low-income individuals with disabilities.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will be working at Paquin Tower both inside and outdoors on a variety of projects:
- Cleaning general areas of building, as well as the apartments of residents who request assistance;
- Providing laundry assistance for some residents;
- Building a new raised bed garden;
- Spreading mulch and planting in gardens areas outside;
- Assisting residents in potting inside plants for their apartments;
- Other projects as identified.
What should I bring?
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2022 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, we encourage families to bring children.