- Arrival Time: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On-site.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by partnering with our city in ways that put us in touch with those in Columbia who may be struggling in this season of their lives or who lack the support system needed to thrive. These neighbors may be elderly, single parents, individuals with disabilities, or facing financial instability. This year we are returning to serve in housing managed by the Columbia Housing Authority, including Paquin Tower, a high-rise housing option for low-income individuals with disabilities.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will be working at Paquin Tower both inside and outdoors on a variety of projects:
- Cleaning the general areas of the building, as well as apartments of residents who need help;
- Helping residents with laundry;
- Mulching and landscaping around the building;
- Picking up trash and beautifying the property all around, and;
- Other projects as identified.
What should I bring?
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear closed-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2023 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, we encourage families to bring children.