- Arrival Time:
- Morning Volunteers: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: Noon.
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On-site.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations that are actively working every day to serve hurting Columbians. Caring Hearts and Hands is a relatively new non-profit seeking to provide a place for those who are facing a life-ending health issue and need a place to die with dignity and privacy. Walking with others in end-of-life situations is a hard but privileged experience, and this wonderful organization is willingly stepping into the lives of those that need to know they are not alone. For this reason, we believe your time will be well-spent serving this new non-profit.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will be working outside on the property:
- Power-washing the deck, the home itself, and the detached garage, and making some repairs;
- Building about 40′ of privacy fencing;
- Improving and lengthening a gravel walkway to the playground area;
- Cleaning up the back of the property, clearing brush, and;
- Other outside projects as identified.
What should I bring?
- We encourage all volunteers to wear closed-toed shoes.
- We also suggest you prepare for a sunny day by bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2023 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a family-friendly site for elementary-aged children!