In the run-up to our annual Day of Service, we typically have a lot of people asking us the same few questions…so here are the answers!
What if it rains?
First Stop: Check the home page of the ForColumbia website for updates on the weather and its potential impact on our serving sites.
- Details for each project will be at the top of each Serving Site Page, indexed here: https://forcolumbia.com/sites/
- In addition, we will have daily updates on our Rain Plan page.
Where’s my T-shirt?
- If you signed up with a partnering church, you will pick your shirt up from your church.
- If you signed up with another organization (college ministry, another group serving together), your shirts will be distributed by the person organizing your efforts.
Lastly, if you are not affiliated with a church or organization but signed up to join us, you can pick up your shirt at The Crossing Church, 3615 Southland Drive, Columbia, Mo. on Wednesday evening, April 27, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
Can’t make that time? Reach out at [email protected] and we will let you know what other shirt pick-up options there are.
What’s for lunch?
We have multiple food vendors providing meals for us this year!
You will be getting a meal from Chick-Fil-A, Jersey Mike’s, or Lily’s Cantina. Some volunteers will attend a neighborhood BBQ. Others will enjoy a picnic hosted by Serv Pro, a local company supportive of our community service. Wherever you land, we’ll take care of you!
- If you have food allergies or require a special diet, we do ask that you plan to bring food for yourself. While we’d love to accommodate special requests, with 1,600+ volunteers and 85+ serving sites, this is not logistically possible.
What should I bring?
If you’re serving outside:
- Garden gloves.
- Sunscreen or a hat.
- Bug spray.
- Water bottle (though your site leader will also be providing water as well).
- If you have common yard tools such as a shovel, leaf rake, or hand trowels, consider throwing those into your vehicle as well.
If you are serving inside, your site leader will let you know if there are items to bring.
I don’t know where I’m serving.
Assignment emails went out on Wednesday, April 20th. (Check your Junk or Spam folders.)
- If you didn’t receive assignment information, email us at [email protected] as soon as possible. We’ll let you know where you were assigned.
What should I do if I can no longer serve?
If your plans have changed, email [email protected] immediately.
While we have over 1,600 volunteers, every single person is assigned to a specific site. Accordingly, we definitely need your participation.
- We are relying on you to show up and serve.
- As a result, if too many people don’t show up and we are not aware, someone will not get the help they require.
Can I bring other people with me who never registered?
We welcome people serving with us, even at the last minute. However, late additions will not receive a shirt or lunch.
As a result, please plan accordingly when it comes to food in particular.