This Site May be Impacted by Rain.
- Arrival Time:
- Morning Volunteers: 8:45 – 9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: Arrive at West Middle School by noon!
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On-site.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by working in locations that benefit the entire community. We are excited to serve again at Columbia Public Schools this year, including West Middle School. Serving at our public schools is one way we can say “thank you” to the teachers and staff who are actively working in our children’s lives every day. This is why we think your day will be well spent serving West Middle School.
What can I expect?
A large group of ForColumbia volunteers will be working outside:
- weeding and mulching existing garden beds;
- cleaning up courtyard areas;
- other projects to be identified.
What should I bring?
ForColumbia will provide all supplies, tools and plants necessary for this project.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own leaf rakes to assist with yard clean-up and spreading mulch.
- Volunteers should bring work/garden gloves for working in the garden beds.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2022 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a family-friendly site and a great way to serve with your children.