- Arrival Time: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On site.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations that are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. This year we are returning to serve at Welcome Home, a non-profit organization working entirely with homeless military veterans, providing services, resources, and transitional housing. Veterans who reside at Welcome Home often struggle with physical and/or mental disabilities and need help to stabilize their lives. When we give our time for the benefit of others, especially when they are going through a dark season in life, we send the message that they are valuable.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be working both inside and outside:
- Raking up and removing mulch from the many landscaped areas on the property, in preparation for another team to spread rubber mulch;
- Clearing and prepping two raised bed gardens;
- Organizing the many donated items this organization receives for their residents, and;
- Other projects as identified.
What should I bring?
- Volunteers should bring work gloves, and be prepared to work outside.
- If sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat in case you are assigned to the outdoor work.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear closed-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2023 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, we encourage families to bring older children who can assist in the listed projects.