Rain or Shine!
- Arrival Time:
- Morning Volunteers: 8:45 – 9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: 11:45 a.m. – Noon
- Lunch for Volunteers: On site
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations who are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. The Reentry Opportunity Center (ROC) is a non-profit focused on helping people released from prison to access basic needs, access tangible resources, find employment, and more. Their goal is to help people get a new start in life, at a time when few will take a chance on them. This is why we believe your time will be well-spent serving at The ROC.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will be working both inside and outside at this site:
- Clearing brush around the property and along a fence row;
- Moving and reorganizing the contents of a shed on the property;
- Put up a basketball hoop and paint lanes, plant potted flowers and seating for outside area;
- Painting the large gathering room used by several groups.
What should I bring?
- If you have pruning shears or other garden tools for clearing brush, please bring them.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2022 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a good location to serve with older elementary-aged kids who can help!