Love Columbia: Victorian Home
- Arrival Time:
- Morning Volunteers: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: Noon.
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: Love Columbia, 1209 E. Walnut St. (next door)
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations that are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. Love Columbia is making a big impact in Columbia to transform lives and communities. Love Columbia works with people in need from the ground up, showing them the way out of poverty. This organization fosters relationships by raising community awareness of the value of caring for the disadvantaged, providing resources for churches to effectively and compassionately respond to people in need, providing specific opportunities for people to live out their faith, and connecting like-minded people to create strategies to resolve the complex issues related to poverty.
What can I expect?
Volunteers at this site will be working outside:
- Taking out the front fence and demo’ing the sidewalk steps;
- Cleaning gutters;
- Power washing home itself, and;
- Other projects as identified.
What should I bring?
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear closed-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2023 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Given the demolition work being done on this property, we ask that only older kids be allowed to serve with their parents at this site this year.