This Site May be Impacted by Rain.
- Arrival Time:
- Morning Volunteers: 8:45 – 9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: 11:45 a.m. – Noon
- Lunch for Volunteers: On site
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations who are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. Love Columbia (formerly Love INC) is making a big impact in Columbia to transform lives and community. Love Columbia works with people in need from the ground up, showing them the way out of poverty. This organization fosters relationships by raising community awareness of the value of caring for the disadvantaged, providing resources for churches to effectively and compassionately respond to people in need, providing specific opportunities for people to live out their faith, and connecting like-minded people to create strategies to resolve the complex issues related to poverty.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will be working outside at this site, tearing down an old carport, repairing and perhaps adding to a surrounding fence, as well as yardwork and removal of unwanted items and other trash.
What should I bring?
- Volunteers should bring garden/work gloves and any basic garden tools you may have.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2022 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Given the demolition work being done on this property, we ask that only older kids be allowed to serve with their parents at this site this year.