- Arrival Time:
- Morning Volunteers: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: Noon.
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On-site.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by working in locations that benefit the entire community. This year, we are excited to serve once again at various locations within Columbia Public Schools, including Lange Middle School, as they celebrate 25 years of serving youth and families in Columbia! To honor the hard work and dedication of countless administrators, staff, and students, ForColumbia is partnering with Lange to host an anniversary commemoration. This is one of those ForColumbia serving sites that has “something for everyone” and why we think your day will be well-spent serving at Lange Middle School.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will be working outdoors at Lange:
- Landscaping (mulching and planting flowers) around the property,
- Barbecuing and serving lunch to attendees and other ForColumbia serving site volunteers;
- Facilitating carnival games and inflatables, and;
- Providing traffic control for Lange students and staff – present and past – in a school parade.
What should I bring?
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear closed-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2023 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a great location to serve as a family with kids who can help!