This Site May be Impacted by Rain.
- Arrival Time: 8:45 – 9:00 a.m.
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: Lunch site address will be provided in assignment email
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our city is by giving our time and energy to beautify community areas that are available for everyone to enjoy. This year we are serving in city parks located throughout Columbia that could use a little more help. When we give our time like this, we are actively seeking the good of our city in a tangible way.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be working in this park to:
- Provide landscaping around a new sign at the park entrance, spread mulch, scatter seed and straw, and potentially spread rock at the disc golf course.
What should I bring?
- Columbia’s Parks and Recreation will provide all paint supplies and tools, trash bags, etc.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own leaf rakes to assist with leaf and trash removal.
- Volunteers should bring work/garden gloves.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2022 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
This is a family-friendly site where children can easily serve alongside their parents!