This Site May be Impacted by Rain.
- Arrival Time:
- Morning Volunteers: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: 11:45 a.m. – Noon
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On-site.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations who are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. In2Action is a faith-based non-profit focused on helping men who are released from prison, stay out of prison, by providing supports and resources including safe and drug-free housing, provision of basic needs, life skills training, one-on-one and group counseling, case management, and transitional employment opportunities. This is why we believe your day will be well-spent serving at In2Action.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will be working outside at this site, clearing trees and brush around a pond on the property, and building a retaining wall near one of the homes in preparation for expanding the parking area.
What should I bring?
- If you have a chain saw or other garden tools for clearing brush, please bring them.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- In addition, we strongly encourage you to wear long pants and bring a long-sleeved shirt to wear as you work in brushy areas.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2022 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, older children who can help clear brush could serve alongside their parents at this site. We do not recommend bringing small children.