Granny’s House – Storage Unit Renovation
- Arrival Time:
- Morning Volunteers: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: Noon.
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On-site.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations that are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. Granny’s House is one of the small non-profits here in Columbia making a big impact in the lives of children by providing a safe, nurturing place where public housing kids can come each day after school (from 3-6 pm) to see values, manners and God’s love in action.
This year, we are honoring Pam Ingram’s legacy of love for children in public housing by serving not just at the Granny’s House home, but also by providing a “renovation” to their off-site storage. This is why we think your day will be well spent serving here.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be:
- Building or installing shelving in a large storage unit used for seasonal items, furniture, and other bulk materials the organization uses;
- Organizing and labeling the many items in storage, and;
- Creating an organized space for their small, hard-working staff to easily find what they need.
What should I bring?
- Volunteers should bring work gloves, and be prepared to work outside. While the storage unit has inside work, much of the organization will be done outside of the unit itself in a common area.
- If sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear closed-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2023 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a great project for serving alongside your elementary-aged kids.