This Site May be Impacted by Rain.
- Arrival Time:
- Morning Volunteers: 8:45 – 9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: 11:45 – Noon
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon to 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Douglass Park, 400 N. Providence Road, Columbia, MO 65203
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations who are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. Granny’s House is one of the small non-profits here in Columbia making a big impact in the lives of children. Granny’s House provides a safe, nurturing place where public housing kids can come each day after school (from 3-6 pm) to see values, manners and God’s love in action. They provide loving arms, a safe place to play or do homework and an atmosphere of hope and calm in an all-too-often chaotic world. This is why we think your day will be well spent serving here.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be working outside on a few projects, including:
- staining a fence and gazebo;
- painting a small shed;
- spreading mulch around the playground and garden areas;
- and other projects as identified.
What should I bring?
- Volunteers should bring work gloves, and be prepared to work outside.
- If sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat in case you are assigned to the outdoor work.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2022 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a great project for serving alongside your elementary-aged kids.