- Arrival Time:
- Morning Volunteers: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: Noon.
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: Douglass Park, 400 N. Providence Rd.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations that are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. Granny’s House is one of the small non-profits here in Columbia making a big impact in the lives of children. Granny’s House provides a safe, nurturing place where public housing kids can come each day after school (from 3-6 pm) to see values, manners, and God’s love in action. They provide loving arms, a safe place to play or do homework, and an atmosphere of hope and calm in an all-too-often chaotic world. This is why we think your day will be well spent serving here.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be working outside:
- Staining the large privacy fence that surrounds the backyard, as well as the gazebo;
- Spreading mulch on the playground;
- Organizing items in an outdoor shed;
- Planting and mulching the landscaped areas around the property, and;
- Other projects as identified.
What should I bring?
- Volunteers should bring work gloves, and be prepared to work outside.
- If sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear closed-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2023 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a great project for serving alongside your elementary-aged kids.