- Arrival Time: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On site.
Why are we serving here?
One of the rewarding ways in which ForColumbia serves its city is by bringing Christians together to serve other churches that are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. Friendship Missionary Baptist Church is a congregation situated in Columbia’s Second Ward. This congregation is active in our community, including hosting a community garden, and could use some help maintaining their property as well. We want to offer to make light work with many hands for this faithful congregation. This is why we think your day will be well spent serving at Friendship Missionary Baptist.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be working indoors and outside at this property:
- Working in the community gardens to prepare them for spring planting;
- Mulching and planting around the property;
- Painting the foyer of the church, and;
- Other projects as identified.
What should I bring?
- Volunteers should bring work/garden gloves, a wheelbarrow, and any small hand tools they have.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- Volunteers should wear clothes they don’t mind potentially getting paint on.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear closed-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2023 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, children are welcome to participate.