Float Your Boat for the Food Bank
Only strong storms with lightning will impact this site. Last-minute changes will be sent to all volunteers directly from Float Your Boat organizers.
- Arrival Time:
- Morning Volunteers: 8:45–9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: Noon.
- Lunch for Volunteers: On-site.
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations that are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. One of the organizations in our city with the greatest reach is The Food Bank for Central and Northeast Missouri. This organization hosts an annual event called Float Your Boat as its premiere fundraiser to help provide food to those in need all year long. Volunteers help make this annual fundraiser a success, and this year, ForColumbia is once again providing those volunteers! It will be a fun and rewarding day spent serving at Float Your Boat.
What can I expect?
- Morning volunteers will assist in making this fun event happen. Some may be asked to carry boats in and out of the water, so be prepared to get wet.
- Afternoon volunteers will be helping to clean up and pack things away at the end of the event.
- More detailed instructions will be given by leaders of this event prior to serving.
What should I bring?
You should show up prepared to get at least somewhat wet.
- Your lunch will be purchased by ForColumbia at the food trucks available at this event.
- We encourage you to consider bringing rain boots or wading boots.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- Please be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2023 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, older elementary children can serve at this event alongside an adult.
Because this event is near water and involves a lot of activity, we do not recommend bringing small children.