- Arrival Time: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On-site.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our city is by giving our time and energy to beautify community areas that are available for everyone to enjoy, such as Douglass Park. This year we are serving in city parks located throughout Columbia that could use a little more help. When we give our time like this, we are actively seeking the good of our city in a tangible way.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be working in this park to:
- Provide some general park clean-up, mulching the landscaping, and picking up litter;
- Spread mulch on the playground;
- Paint a bathroom building, and;
- Other projects as identified.
Volunteers on this team finish up their day by helping to “host” other volunteers for lunch, as Douglass Park will be a large lunch location for other sites near this centralized city park.
What should I bring?
- Columbia’s Parks and Recreation will provide all paint supplies and tools, trash bags, etc.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own leaf rakes to assist with leaf and trash removal.
- Volunteers should bring work/garden gloves.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear closed-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2023 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
This is a family-friendly site where children can easily serve alongside their parents, but we ask that children not be allowed to paint.