This Site May be Impacted by Rain.
- Arrival Time: Please plan to arrive at 8:45 a.m. Check-in at the barn to find out your assignment.
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On-site. All volunteers will gather for lunch at the barn!
Why are we serving here?
Every year, ForColumbia has chosen Coyote Hill as a serving site because of this organization’s impact on our community. Though located approximately 30 minutes northwest of Columbia, the vast majority (over 90%) of children who have called Coyote Hill home for a season of their lives are actually from Boone County; Coyote Hill has been providing a safe haven for many Columbia children since 1991. When we spend time working for the benefit of others in our community who are hurting, we send the message that they are valuable.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will be:
- Building planters at one of the homes;
- Building picnic tables;
- Staining a bridge;
- Spreading rubber mulch at playgrounds, and regular mulch in various other locations on property, and;
- Any other projects needed!
What should I bring?
Coyote Hill and ForColumbia will provide all necessary tools and cleaning supplies.
- ForColumbia will provide bottled water, but because this site is so spread out, we encourage you to bring a water bottle.
- Be prepared to work outside. Bring sunscreen, bug spray and a hat.
- In case you are assigned to landscaping, we suggest you bring garden gloves.
- We also encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2022 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a great location to serve as a family with elementary-aged kids who can help!