Coyote Hill Connections Home
- Arrival Time: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: Memorial Baptist Church, 1634 Paris Road.
Why are we serving here?
ForColumbia has served Coyote Hill many times over the years because of this non-profit’s impact on our community. Having begun as a Christian children’s home in 1991, this organization has recently expanded its reach to train, equip and support foster families in the mid-Missouri area, making it possible for more and more children entering the foster care system to be placed with caring foster families.
This year, we are serving for the first time at a Columbia property designated the Connections Home, where parents of children in foster care can spend quality time during their visitation. We see this as an opportunity to serve Coyote Hill as they seek to offer support to these hurting families.
When we spend time working for the benefit of others in our community, we send the message that they are valuable.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will be working outside:
- Staining the deck;
- Seeding and strawing the yard;
- Landscaping around the property, and;
- Other projects as identified.
What should I bring?
Coyote Hill and ForColumbia will provide all necessary tools and supplies.
- Be prepared to work outside. Bring sunscreen, bug spray, and a hat.
- In case you are assigned to landscaping, we suggest you bring garden gloves.
- We also encourage all volunteers to wear closed-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2023 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a great location to serve as a family with elementary-aged kids who can help!