Columbia’s Downtown Community Improvement District (CID)
- Arrival Time: Noon
- Lunch Site for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: Douglass Park Main Shelter, 400 N. Providence Rd.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our city is by giving our time and energy to beautify community areas that are available to everyone. We are excited to partner again with the Downtown Community Improvement District (“The District”) to bring color and life to the downtown area, a part of our city that everyone in our community enjoys. When we serve in spaces like this, we truly are seeking the good of our city, something God has exhorted us to for centuries (Jeremiah 29).
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be serving outside all over the downtown area, repainting and refreshing nearly a dozen downtown kiosks used to post local event information and other opportunities.
Volunteers will gather for lunch to acquire paint supplies and get their specific assignment at Douglass Park (Main Pavilion).
What should I bring?
- The District will provide all paint and other materials.
- Volunteers should dress prepared to paint.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear closed-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2023 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Due to the busyness of the downtown area and our desire for the work to be done well, we do not recommend children under 12 be brought to this serving site.