This Site May be Impacted by Rain.
- Arrival Time: 8:45 – 9:00 a.m.
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: The Love Seat, 2600 Rangeline Street, Columbia, MO 65202
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations that are actively working every day to improve the lives of Columbians – even our furry friends. The Central Missouri Humane Society has been a part of Columbia since 1943, caring for companion animals and helping them find loving homes – pets that enrich the lives of those who love them.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will be working at this site to provide some much needed landscape on the property, and to clean and reorganize their “food pantry” – a shed used for the storage of bagged foods.
What should I bring?
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes, as well as clothing you are comfortable painting in.
- We also suggest you prepared for a sunny day by bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2022 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Because the work to be done in the food pantry requires that volunteers be able to lift bags of dog food up to 50 pounds, we do not recommend families with small children serve here. Kids old enough to serve alongside their parents are welcome.