Prayer Requests as of March 26, 2023
Thank you to everyone who’s ever prayed with and for the ForColumbia team and our annual city-wide Day of Service over the years.
Would you consider praying with us in the coming weeks?
- Give thanks for all the people working hard already to make our day of serving a success for volunteers from 45 area churches and those being served.
- Pray for sunny, dry weather on April 29th!
- Ask for leaders to step up and serve joyfully.
- Pray that God grants all of us a heightened spirit of cooperation and mutual respect as we serve alongside people that are different than us or who perhaps worship in traditions different than the ones we prefer.
- That Christians in our community would truly be salt and light despite living in a culture that often mocks our beliefs.
- For volunteer placement to go smoothly…and for volunteers to be excited to serve alongside other believers in our city.
- For the many details left undone to come together in a way that pleases Him.
- That He may always be glorified by our actions… leading up to and on April 29th.
- For continued protection for those who are giving so much of their time and energy to love our neighbors well as we plan for nearly 2,000 volunteers this year.
- Ask God to enable all of us to be kind and respectful as we serve people we might otherwise be tempted to judge.
- Help us all remember that loving and serving “people who don’t deserve it” is exactly what Jesus has done for all of us…and He commands us to do likewise.
- May God enable all of us (volunteers, pastors, exec team members, food vendors, literally everyone) to truly seek the good of the city to which God has sent us, to serve selflessly, and to trust that not even a glass of water we offer to the thirsty goes unnoticed in God’s economy.
And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
1 John 5:14